Friday, July 31, 2026

Snowy Winter



 Supplies:
Stamps: Stampin' Up Snowman Magic
Paper: Gina K White, Simon Says Stamp Matte Silver Cardstock, Black Glossy Paper, Stampin' Up Shaded Spruce and Pecan Pie
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Stampin' Up Snowflake Sky Embossing Folder, Snowman Dies, Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders, Poppy Iced Pine Trees, Twine?, Tim Holtz Distress Sanding Disks, Copic Markers

Hello Stampers!  I made a card today for the Free 4 All Challenge over at Splitcoaststampers.  The theme is Countdown to Cool, make a winter card.  I was excited to make this card, because I watched Jennifer McGuire demonstrate a technique I wanted to try.  She used 3D embossing folders on black glossy paper, and then she used Tim Holtz Distress Sanding Disks to sand off the black layer of the glossy paper.  Here is the video tutorial I watched: Embossing Folder Technique Showcase.  I thought of using a snowflake embossing folder and then the snowflakes would be white on the black glossy paper.  I tried it and I love the look of it.  So after I made the black sky, I die cut two layers of snowy hills to the bottom for my wintery images.  I have had these images on my desk forever, and I am so happy they worked out on this snowy card.  I matted this layer with silver cardstock and adhered it to the white card base.  For the inside I simply stamped and die cut a sentiment.  

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment