Thursday, May 21, 2009

Verve Release Party Sketch Challenge


Hello everyone! If there weren't sketch challenges, I don't think I would make many cards. I just love participating! This sketch challenge is being hosted by Julee on behalf of the release of her new Verve stamps tomorrow. By participating you are entered into a random drawing to win some of those fabulous stamps, and she will be choosing her favorite entry to play along with the verve divas as a guest designer for June! How exciting would that be?! So I broke out some new Verve stamps that I got for my birthday! I chose the set Grateful Elegance, what a fun set to work with. I started by stamping the background in Aquatic Splash, I definately used my stamp-a-ma-jig to align this stamp to make the background. Next I matted this onto black cardstock. I then worked on the focal image, I stamped the flowers in memento tuxedo black and colored them in with copic markers. I really wanted a stem on these flowers, and after looking through my images to find a stem stamp that would work...I didn't come up with much. So, I used my memento tuxedo black marker and drew some stems. Then I matted this onto black cardstock and tied on the black sheer bow. Then to spruce up the flowers I added an adhesive pearl in the centers, and shined them up using diamond glaze. I set this aside to let it dry, and finished up the remainder of the card. I stamped the aqua strip in versamark, matted it with black, and added adhesive pearls. Then I worked on the sentiment, I embossed the aqua cardstock using a new Quickutz embossing folder, cut it out and then stamped the thanks a bunch! Then it was time to assemble, I decided to add a layer of vellum over the background, to give the card a softer look, and attached it with black brads, and glued on the rest of the pieces.

Thanks for stopping by!


5 comments:

  1. Wow! This is beautiful! I love the hand drawn stems and the shiny flowers. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely job! I love the colours! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet that your nice sister gave you that set. Now how did you come up with the stem?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Those colors are so soft, and girl, you are a genius thinking about doing those stems like that! Rock on!

    ReplyDelete