Here is what I did with the sketch:
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Here is what I did with the sketch:
Monday, March 23, 2009
Sunday, March 22, 2009
I changed the following card elements: color scheme, stamps, the shape of the focal image, and I didn't add all of the glorious piercing that Beate adds to her cards. I sometimes just don't have the patience to add the piercing, even though I love the way it looks.
I didn't have any cupcake images that would work for this card, so I decided to use this cute chick to make an Easter card. I started by choosing my patterned paper. This is paper from Chatterbox called Rosey Cottage and Rosey Bias Plaid. I cut the first plaid layer, and used my ticket corner punch on the corners. Then I made the center layer, and used the apron lace fiskars border punch to make the scallop edge. I added a pink cardstock strip and then tied on the white ribbon. I am not sure where I got this ribbon, but it is almost sheer and I love the texure that it has. For the focal image I decided that I was going to paper piece the chick rather than color it in. After placing the chick onto the white oval, I decided that I would like to mat the oval with the pink scallop to make it stand out more from the patterned paper.
Monday, March 16, 2009
Monday, March 9, 2009
I just received this Thoughts and Prayers set from SU last week, so of course I had to break it out and ink it up. I decided to stamp on a soft patterned paper for something different. I matted it on black cardstock cut out and embossed from the curved rectangle nestabilities. I attached the main image with pop dots, and then I added Martha Stewart's butterfly punch. I just have to say that I absolutely love her punches. I am always looking for a way to incorporate them into a card! Then I added three teeny tiny adhesive pearls to the body of the butterfly. Lastly I attached the ribbon at the bottom.
Sunday, March 8, 2009
I have found myself gearing toward the plain and simple cards lately. I like that the card focuses on the main image, and it looks crisp. I started out by coloring the stamped image and cutting it out and embossing it with the nestabilities. Then, I cut out the largest square nestability and embossed that as well. I added piercing around the edge and adhered it to the base. For the center panel, I decided to leave it plain because I chose I decorative ribbon. I decided on this ribbon because the swiss dots complimented the piercing throughout the card. After attaching the main image with pop dots, I punched out the tiny butterflies and added a gemstone to make them pop a little. Lastly, I added piercing at the bottom with my sentiment. I definitely used my stamp-a-ma-jig for alignment of the sentiment.
Stamps: Inkadinkado, Hero Arts
Paper: Gina K Luxury White Cardstock
Coloring Tools: Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, Copic Markers: BG10 Cool Shadow, BG23 Coral Sea, B00 Frost Blue, B02 Robin's Egg Blue, Y11 Pale Yellow, Y15 Cadmium Yellow, RV34 Dark Pink, RV11 Pink, V01 Heath, V15 Mallow, Y38 Honey, YG03 Yellow Green, Colorless Blender;
Accessories & Tools: Hero Arts Gemstones, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, RibbonFX, Square Nestabilities, Paper Piercer, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Thanks for stopping by!
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Verve is having a Verve Release Sketch Challenge using the following sketch:
This is the card that I came up with:
I just received my Stampin' Up order, and I know Baroque Motifs is not a new stamp set, but it is one have wanted since it came out. So I was soo excited to ink this set up. This is a pretty self explanatory card so I will list the recipe of supplies below:
Stamps: SU Baroque Motifs; Paper: PTI Ivory Cardstock, Bazzill Brown CS, Amuse patterned paper; Ink: Chalk Ink: Chestnut Roan and Olive Pastel; Accesories and Tools: Hero Arts Flowers, American Crafts brown brads, square nestabilities, Martha Stewart border punch, scissors
That's all for now, thanks for stopping by!