Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Snowy Button Wishes

Supplies: Paper: crumb cake and cherry cobbler cardstock  Ink: craft white Accessories: Sizzix embossing folder, Stampin Up oval embossing folder, buttons, cherry cobbler twine, gems, sponge, black copic marker

The challenge on CAS-ual Fridays is to use buttons.  My Mom saw this pin on Pinterest and shared it with me.  That is where I got inspiration for this card.  For the embossing I created a cardboard shim with a large oval cut out in the middle.  This allowed me to emboss both with both folders successfully.  I sponged white ink on the snowflakes and added a gem to the center of them.  I colored behind my buttons with a black marker to make them look like the coal buttons and eyes of the snowman.

Thanks for stopping by!

Terri

4 comments:

  1. This is darling Terri, thank you for the inspiration. I never know what to do with buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, if this doesn't win, it will be so wrong. This is adorable, impeccably executed, and such a winner in my book, Terri!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri, this is so cute! I just love that you created your snowman entirely out of buttons! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute snowman! It's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete