Sunday, March 9, 2014

Celebrate!

Supplies: Stamps: Feeling Sentimental  Paper: black, kraft, white  Ink: Memento Luxe tuxedo black  Accessories: Martha Stewart butterfly punch, acetate, Doodlebug twine, My Favorite Things flourish die cut, candy dots
 
It is fun how sometimes our creations turn out completely different as they were planned.  I was browsing through the Featured Stamper's gallery and found this card.  I liked the simplicity and thought I would change the label to a butterfly, and to incorporate the colors I was going to punch out a butterfly in each of the colors, stack them up, and then you would see the colors on the wings.  So I got started and I decided I liked just the white layer with this particular butterfly punch, and I was going to add the colors with the candy dots.  I didn't have the right color, but found the ones I used.  Then I looked over at a card my Mom had made and I liked how she used this flourish die cut with a butterfly punch so I got mine out and thought it would be fun to cut it out of acetate.  I added it to the kraft and things started to roll.   I found some twine to match, and accented the butterfly with some black dots like the original card.  Looking back at the original card I was CASEing I thought I really strayed, but the inspiration all started with her lovely card! 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
 
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment