Thursday, May 7, 2020

Life is Good




Supplies:  Stamps:  Lawn Fawn Life is Good  Ink: Gina K black amalgam ink  Paper:  Gina K heavy base weight white, SU pool party, sandpaper  Accessories:  Derwent inktense pencils, SU wavy embossing folder, dimensionals, Spellbinders circle die cut

Hello Stampers!  I made this for the Sketch Challenge on SCS, it is sketch number 800!  Whoa!!!  Here is the sketch:
I went with a beachy theme with summer on its way.  To start the card I embossed the pool party paper with the embossing folder, and then I added a strip of sand paper.  I tore the edge of the sandpaper so it would look like it was the water washing up on shore.  Then it was time to color the sandcastle...I started with copic markers and my browns just weren't blending the way I wanted them too.  So I got out my Prisma colored pencils and went for the Gamasol and it was all gone, again no luck.  Then I thought watercolor.  So I used my watercolor pencils and finally after three tries got the sandcastle colored in and fussy cut out.  I die cut a piece of the sandpaper with the circle die cut, and then tore the edge to make a base for the sandcastle.  I glued it on the white circle and then popped up the sandcastle.  Lastly I adhered my sentiment to the card base and popped up the focal image.  That's all for this card!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment