Sunday, February 8, 2009

Mojo Monday 72

I look forward to the Mojo Monday Sketch every week. I don't usually have time to complete the sketch until Sunday, but then I can think about what I want to do all week. Then hope that it turns out the way I pictured it!! This week I needed to make a card for my husband's grandma. It is her birthday this week...I can't believe it is already February! I started with a white base, this is Gina K's luxury cardstock. I absolutely love this cardstock, it is very thick and works really well for a card base. It also is perfect for coloring in images using Copic markers! The next layer is a charcoal cardstock I bought at Archivers. The patterned paper is from a K & Company paper pad, it is called Wedding Multi Mat Pad. Next, I cut out a charcoal strip of cardstock and created a scallop edge using Fiskars scallop scissors. I attached the ribbon, the flower, and then attached it to the card. I stamped the main image from SU Garden Silhouettes and matted it on the charcoal cardstock. I altered the sketch by making the scallop circle the bottom of the main image. I tried placing the circle as shown on the sketch, but I liked it better this way. I created the circle image by stamping my sentiment and punching it out with a 1 1/4 inch circle punch, I punched out a 1 3/8 inch circle out of the patterned paper, and the scallop was cut out with the smallest scallop circle from the large scallop nestabilities set.



Recipe: Stamps: Hero Arts Acrylic Set (a mini set I bought at Archivers), SU Garden Silhouettes; Ink: Memento: London Fog, VersaMagic Chalk Ink: Midnight Black; Paper: Gina K Luxury Cardstock 120 lb, K & Company Wedding Multi Mat Pad, Charcoal Cardstock from Archivers; Tools: 1 1/4 & 1 3/8 inch circle punches, nestabilities scallop circle, Fiskars Scallop Paper Edgers; Accessories: White Flower: Bazzill Wings Bitty Blossoms, Blue Flower:Prima Flowers, Bazzill Opal Brad, Ribbon by Creative Accents, Horizons Fabric Inc.



Thanks for stopping by, have a great week!




3 comments:

  1. My dear friends, sincerely thanks for visiting our Nike AIR Force website! The following listed is the detail description of Shox TW. If you are interested in buying cheap Nike AIR Force, warmly welcome you to contact us online around the clock, and we will supply you the top quality Nike AIR Force with cheap price & excellent service.
    We are anticipating building up a very strong bridge on which we can go ahead and ahead together!
    our Nike AIR Force:
    Air Force 25
    Nike Air Force 1 Mid
    Nike Men Air Force 1 High
    Nike Men Air Force 1 Low
    Nike Women Air Force 1 Low Mid High

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Gorgeous card! i love absolutely everything about it. The layout, the colors the clean and uncluttered elements. I love cards like this. they look so elegant and classy.

    Well done!!

    ~Carole

    ReplyDelete