Sunday, February 8, 2009

Mojo Monday 72

I look forward to the Mojo Monday Sketch every week. I don't usually have time to complete the sketch until Sunday, but then I can think about what I want to do all week. Then hope that it turns out the way I pictured it!! This week I needed to make a card for my husband's grandma. It is her birthday this week...I can't believe it is already February! I started with a white base, this is Gina K's luxury cardstock. I absolutely love this cardstock, it is very thick and works really well for a card base. It also is perfect for coloring in images using Copic markers! The next layer is a charcoal cardstock I bought at Archivers. The patterned paper is from a K & Company paper pad, it is called Wedding Multi Mat Pad. Next, I cut out a charcoal strip of cardstock and created a scallop edge using Fiskars scallop scissors. I attached the ribbon, the flower, and then attached it to the card. I stamped the main image from SU Garden Silhouettes and matted it on the charcoal cardstock. I altered the sketch by making the scallop circle the bottom of the main image. I tried placing the circle as shown on the sketch, but I liked it better this way. I created the circle image by stamping my sentiment and punching it out with a 1 1/4 inch circle punch, I punched out a 1 3/8 inch circle out of the patterned paper, and the scallop was cut out with the smallest scallop circle from the large scallop nestabilities set.



Recipe: Stamps: Hero Arts Acrylic Set (a mini set I bought at Archivers), SU Garden Silhouettes; Ink: Memento: London Fog, VersaMagic Chalk Ink: Midnight Black; Paper: Gina K Luxury Cardstock 120 lb, K & Company Wedding Multi Mat Pad, Charcoal Cardstock from Archivers; Tools: 1 1/4 & 1 3/8 inch circle punches, nestabilities scallop circle, Fiskars Scallop Paper Edgers; Accessories: White Flower: Bazzill Wings Bitty Blossoms, Blue Flower:Prima Flowers, Bazzill Opal Brad, Ribbon by Creative Accents, Horizons Fabric Inc.



Thanks for stopping by, have a great week!




1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous Gorgeous card! i love absolutely everything about it. The layout, the colors the clean and uncluttered elements. I love cards like this. they look so elegant and classy.

    Well done!!

    ~Carole

    ReplyDelete