Saturday, February 7, 2009

My First Post!


Welcome to my first post on my new blog. I am excited to start this adventure, and hope that I am able to inspire you to create. I hope to include tutorials along the way in addition to my card creations.


I made this card for the Cupcake Challenge from
Taylored Expressions. This is the first time I am participating in one of Taylor's Sketches. It was a fun sketch to start with! I started by stamping the bees and cutting them out with the petite oval nestabilities. I colored them in with the copic markers, and matted it on the next size nesty. After the marker art was dry I went back and added glitter to the wings with a glitter pen, and outlined the image with Prismacolor Cold Stone. I then cut out the pattern paper and adhered it to the base of the card. I punched out the scallop border, and attached the cuttlebug border on top of it. I stamped the sentiment using my stampamajig (it was a two line stamp). Then I attached the sentiment to the bottom. Then added the pink and red strip, and attached the main image. I cut out the heart buttons from my sizzlit and attached a white circle to the back so you could see the button holes. Then I added pop dots to the hearts and adhered them to the card.

Recipe: Stamps: Stampendous, Inky Antics; Paper: Doodlebug; Tools: Cuttlebug embossing border, Fiskars Apron Lace Border Punch, Sizzix Sizzlit Buttons, Petite Oval Nestabilities, Stamp-a-Ma-Jig; Coloring Tools: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers: RV21, R14, R59, R27, Prismacolor: Cold Stone (for the outlining), Sakura Glitter Pen


Then I made this coordinating
Gable Box. I kept the design simple like the card. I used the Martha Stewart mini scallop heart border punch to trim the box. And I punched a 2-inch scallop circle and punched hearts out with the 1/8 inch heart hand punch by fiskars to coordinate with the scallop border. I can't wait to fill it with treats and give it to my niece. She will love it!

Recipe: Stamps: $ Stamp from Michaels; Paper: Doodlebug; Tools: Martha Mini Heart Scallop Border Punch, EK Success 2-inch scallop circle punch, Fiskars 1/8 inch heart hand held punch, SU oval punch, 1 1/2 inch circle punch, Sizzix Sizzlit Button die cut; Coloring Tools: Ancient Page Cardinal Ink; Accesories: 1/8 inch white grograin ribbon

Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite card!!! I wonder where you got the designer paper. Keep up the great work. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete