I changed the following card elements: color scheme, stamps, the shape of the focal image, and I didn't add all of the glorious piercing that Beate adds to her cards. I sometimes just don't have the patience to add the piercing, even though I love the way it looks.
While I was gathering supplies for this card, I discovered something very cool. I had purchased the Quickutz Label Revolution die last month. And I just received the wonderful top note die from Stampin Up. I thought what are the chances that these would work together...well guess what?! they did and I love that I can add all of those fun layers (without trying to cut them out by hand)!
So after being all excited over this I decided I wanted to use this patterned paper by My Mind's Eye, I love the colors in it. I cut it out and punched the corners using the su ticket corner punch. Then I was having a hard time choosing a stamp set, and as I was going through my stamp sets I noticed this flower stamp from the SU Older and Wiser Stamp Set coordinated really well with this paper. So I used my stamp-a-ma-jig (love this tool!) to stamp this image after I had die cut it and added a brad to center of the flower. After I attached all of the layers to the top note die cut I attached my ribbon. This is a ribbon I purchased at Michaels. Next, I stamped just the flower from the focal image, and then stamped it again to have a lighter shade of the orange. I again used my stamp-a-ma-jig to center the sentiment over the stamped flower. I punched it out using my 1 3/8" circle punch and layered it with the 1 1/2" circle punch, and then the su scallop circle. I adhered this to the card using pop dots.