Monday, June 15, 2015

I Love this Technique!


Supplies: Stamps: SU Flower Shop  Ink: SU pink pirouette  Paper: white, pink pirouette, pear pizzazz  Accessories: SU pansy punch, SU bird punch, self adhesive pearls, twine
 
Hello!  I have been seeing some cards pop up using this technique, using white die cuts to make the background and then adding stamping to one of the images to make it pop.  Instead of using a die cut, I used Stampin' Up's Flower Shop and Pansy Punch set.  First I punched out a bunch of white pansies, and then I decided where I wanted the focal image.  Then I placed the other flowers on the white panel to create a background.  I glued them down, and then I cut out two leaves using the bird punch, and added some scoring for the veins of the leaves.  I stacked up about 5 white pansy flowers and glued them together and then stamped the pink flower, punched it out, and adhered it to the top of the stack.  I glued the leaves to the bottom of the stack, added some pearls to the center of the flower, and adhered it to the card.  I felt like the card needed something else at this point, and decided to add some twine at the top. I really like this technique, and with so many stamp companies having coordinating dies there are so many possibilities.
 
Thank you for stopping by!
 
Terri
 


No comments:

Post a Comment