Sunday, August 22, 2021

A Little Birdie Told Me...


Supplies: Stamps: SU Birds and Branches and Stampers Anonymous: Crazy Talk Paper: blue unknown, Gina K heavy base weight white and black, SU crumb cake Ink: VersaMagic Sea Breeze, Memento Nautical Blue, SU soft suede, VersaMark Accessories: SU Stitched Nested Labels Dies, Brutus Monroe alabaster white embossing powder, SU linen thread, SU subtle embossing folder, dimensionals, Copic markers

Hello Stampers!  Today on Splitcoaststampers the challenge is Featured Stamper.  Today's featured stamper is Akiko, and this is the card I used as inspiration for mine.  

To make my card I started with the card base.  I embossed a 4.25x5.5 panel and adhered it to my card base.  Then it was time to work on the focal image.  I die cut the label and then stamped the branch at the bottom to leave room for the nest.  Next I worked on the nest.  I stamped it in soft suede ink, die cut it, and adhered it so it was resting on the stamped branch.  For the bird I stamped it and die cut it.  I added some orange like Akiko did on her bird using Copic markers.  To finish the bird I stamped the wing, cut it out, and adhered it to the bird with mini dimensionals.  Then I adhered the bird to the nest.  For the eggs I stamped, die cut, and adhered them nestled into the nest.  Next it was time for the sentiment.  I found this sentiment in my stash, embossed it, cut it into two pieces so it would fit on the focal panel, and adhered it to the label.  I adhered the finished focal image and then added some linen thread to the top of the card.  And that completed the card!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!  Wish me luck as I start a new school year tomorrow.  We have inservice for about a week and a half and then the kids come!!  Let the countdown to summer begin! LOL!  

Terri



 

No comments:

Post a Comment