Wednesday, July 15, 2009

SCS Weekly Sketch



It has been a long time since I have participated in a SCS sketch challenge, so when I saw the new sketch I had to give it a try. I was running low on sympathy cards so I decided to go that route, and used the SU set Close as a Memory. I started by using Memento Markers rhubarb stalk and bamboo leaves to color my focal image. I stamped it and matted it in charcoal. Then for the panel I used a paper from the Basic Grey Wisteria 6x6 paper pad and matted it in charcoal also. The green strip is embossed with the Quickutz Vines embossing folder, and I tied on some SU cranberry crisp ribbon. I used the stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the sentiment in Charcoal Chalk Ink, and added piercing under the sentiment. Last I added my pieces to the maroonish (it is a different kind of a color) cardstock and adhered it to the base.

I loved the sketch, it would work for a lot of images that I have!


Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. Nice job pulling everything together. I was wondering what do with that particular wisteria paper. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely sympathy card. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete