Monday, May 10, 2021

I'll rise, but I refuse to shine


 Supplies: Stamps: Art Impressions, Stampin Up chicken wire background stamp Ink: Stampin Up crumb cake and Memento tuxedo black Paper: Stampin Up crumb cake, Gina K black onyx and white layering weight Accessories: ribbon from stash, Copic markers, Gina K square die cut

Hello Stampers!  The Clean and Simple challenge on Splitcoaststampers is to use a chick or a chicken.  I had to chuckle when I saw this was the theme.  Yesterday when I was going through some of my supplies I came across these stamps, and thought I have never used these and they are so funny (and totally me I am NOT a morning person)!  Then I saw today's challenge and had to use these images.

To make my card I started with a crumb cake card base, then a black mat, and I stamped the chicken wire onto white.  For the focal image I stamped the chicken, colored it, and die cut it using a double stitched square die cut.  Then I planned out the crumb cake mat to make it large enough to include the ribbon and sentiment.  I stamped the sentiment at the bottom of the crumb cake layer, added the ribbon, and adhered the focal image to it.  I matted this with some black cardstock and adhered it to the card.

That's all for now, thanks so much for stopping by!!

Terri

1 comment: