Friday, January 12, 2024

Stitched Flourish Card



Supplies:
Stamps: Pretty Pink Posh Simple Sentiments Strips
Ink: VersaMark
Paper: Gina K white and kraft and SU basic black and old olive
Accessories: Pretty Pink Posh Sentiment Strips Dies, Sewing machine, Cherry Lynn Designs Mini Fanciful Flourish die, Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle dies, Waffle Flower Additional A2 Layers Die, Brutus Monroe alabaster white embossing powder

Hello Stampers!  We are having our second snow day this week today!  I am grateful for the time off, because I haven't been feeling well.  So I slept most of the day, and then decided I was going to make a card!  I checked out the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches, and decided to play along! 
For the background I chose to stitch the lines using my sewing machine!  I'm not what you would call a sewer, but I thought I'd give it a try.  First I had to change out the thread from black to white.  I'm not gonna lie, I had to get out the manual to figure out how to do this! LOL!  So I got it figured out and sewed my lines.  Then I had three different choices for the flourish.  I decided on the Cherry Lynn Flourish because you could see more of the stitched lines.  So I had my panel ready and I matted it with white, and thought it needed a little somethin' somethin'.  I thought a stitched edge would coordinate with the white stitching.  So I dug through and found my Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle dies, and that was the ticket!  Then I used my Waffle Flower Additional A2 Layers dies to mat the panel in white.  I was going to leave it as it was, but then I decided I wanted to add a sentiment.  I heat embossed my sentiment, die cut it, and then adhered it to my card.  For the inside I left it plain with just a flourish die cut so a message could be written inside. 

That's all for now!  Thank you for stopping by!!
Terri

2 comments:

  1. I love your use of the sketch. The flourish of greenery is so beautifull highlighted! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a creative way to play with our sketch. The sewn lines make a brilliant take on the fanciful strips. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete