Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Embossed White Birthday Card

I made this card for Stamp TV's technique challenge this week. Gina's video tutorial included how to emboss using the nestabilities in your cuttlebug. I chose to use the oval nestabilities and embossed around the flower image from GKD: baskets of happiness. I colored in the image with copic markers and added stickles to the center of each flower. The embossing done at the bottom of the card was completed with the score pal. For the sentiment I stamped the birthday wishes from Amuse and punched it out with the su oval punch, and matted it with a yellow scalloped pierced oval. To complete the card I applied the ribbon using the stay put bow technique.


For the base of this card I used GKD pure luxury heavy weight cardstock. This is a 120 lb. cardstock that holds up well after all of the embossing, and it does not allow the color from the copic markers to bleed through to the back. As a result I am able to have a single layer card! :) If you haven't tried this cardstock you should really give it a try! You can even order a sample pack to see if you like it!!


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: