Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Stamp TV Challenges





I made a card tonight that fulfills two of the challenges at Stamp TV. The first was the Sketch Challenge. I like that there was a circle behind the focal image it was a fun layout to work with! The other challenge was a color challenge. The colors were red and blue, but the theme was not to be patriotic. So I went with the theme of birthday, using the Make a Wish set by Gina K. I think this card will be perfect for my nephew. He loves red!

For the details I' ll start with the focal image from Make a Wish. I stamped it in Versamagic Night Sky ink. Then I colored the stars in with Memento markers: tangelo and dandelion. For the largest star I outlined it in tangelo and then filled it in with the dandelion. After coloring the stars in I applied glue using the quickie glue pen, and added yellow and orange glitter. Now for the largest star, I applied glue to only the center and sprinkled on yellow glitter then went around the yellow with the glue pen and added the orange glitter. It is hard to tell from the picture that I did this. For the sentiment I used my stamp a ma jig to stamp Make a Wish in Versamagic Brick Red.


After I matted the image in blue I cut out the star patterned paper using my nestabilities. Now I don't have the pinking circles nestabilities so I brought out my pinking sheers and made my own decorative border. Then I pierced around the edge of the circle.


Next was the panel at the bottom, I cut out the striped patterned paper and matted it with blue cardstock and then pierced this section. Then I attached the focal image to this panel. For the ribbon I used the stay put bow again! If you haven't tried it, you better you will be hooked!


For the background of the card I knew I wanted it to be red, but when I laid my pieces down I thought it needed some texture. So I ran it through the polka dotted cuttlebug embossing folder. Then I attached the circle and trimmed off the excess, and attached the focal image. To dress it up just a little bit I added some yellow brads in the corner, and attached it to the blue base.


That's all for now, thanks for stopping by!


1 comment: