Saturday, June 6, 2009

Mojo Monday

This is a card I made for the Mojo Monday Sketch (see sidebar for link). Since it is the first sketch of the month it is also a contest, where you can win a free set from the Verve Store! So head over to the Mojo Monday Site and give the sketch a try!



This card is for my husband's cousin who had a baby girl this week. The elephant is from Stampin' Up called, Just Celebrate. I stamped on Gina K. cardstock using rich cocoa memento ink and colored it in with my copic markers. I then outlined it in Prismacolor Cold Stone. The image was cut out and embossed using the square nestabilities. Next I matted it used the scallop square nestabilities and pierced the scallops. The sentiment is from Papertrey's Mixed Messages set. I cut it out using a 5/8 inch circle punch and then matted it with a cuttlebug flower. The ribbon behind the sentiment is by Martha Stewart.



For the circle I punched out a 1 1/2 inch circle of the Autumn Leaves patterned paper: Paper Precious. Then matted it using SU scallop circle punch, and pierced the scallops as well. The flower is by prima and I added a self adhesive pearl. The brown strip is cuttlebugged with the swiss dots folder. For the border I punched out the Martha Stewart scallop heart border, and edged it with American Crafts swiss dot brown ribbon to match the bottom. Then I made my first attempt at using my Janome sewing machine on a card?! I practiced a few times, and then just went for it. I am happy with the results and will be using this technique more often! This was a fun sketch, hope you go and give it a try!!



Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment