Saturday, January 9, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!




I haven’t entered a Mojo Monday Contest in awhile, so I thought I would take another try at one. I am trying to make cards that I actually need when I enter challenges. That way, I am not making a card at the last minute (as usual.) So hopefully, I remember this all year?! This card is going to be for my nieces.

I colored the focal image with copic markers (fun!) and cut it out and embossed it with nestabilities. I also added glitter to the heart and used the clear glaze pen on her ponytails. I matted it with a petite scallop circle and popped it up off of the red embossed circle. Then I pierced around the embossed edge of the red circle. The image is soo cute it is from Stampendous and was made exclusively for Archivers. There is also a little boy image that I will be using for my nephew’s valentine. All of the papers are from Hobby Lobby (they were 5 for $1 this week!) Except the white, this is the layering weight and base weight luxury cardstock from Gina K. Designs. The embossing folder is by cuttlebug, and the white strip I embossed using my score-pal to match the patterned paper. The ribbon is from Michaels dollar bin, they sometimes have some really nice ribbon in there! The border punch is by Martha, she makes the best punches! Lastly, I used graduated crystals for the five embellishments on the sketch.

That’s all for now, I have to go and make my nephew’s card now!

1 comment:

  1. This is just adorable! Love your colors and the little image is so dang cute!You rocked the sketch!

    ReplyDelete