Thursday, January 31, 2019

Valentine Wishes

Supplies: Stamps: Whipper Snapper and Savvy Stamps  Ink: Gina K amalgam black ink  Paper: Gina K Artists's Choice and heavy base weight white  Accessories:  SU embossing folder, Score Buddy, SU rectangular thinlits, copic markers, dimensionals, Wink of Stella clear glitter marker

I'm back with another Valentine card.  This time my inspiration came from the Freshly Made Sketches challenge this week.  You can see the sketch here:  A Sketch By Kim.  This sketch was a challenge for me.  I had a hard time deciding what to do for the diagonal lines of the challenge.  At first I had three different patterned papers picked out, but then figured out quickly that the patterns looked wonky when I cut them out on a diagonal.  Then I thought I would use washi tape, but I didn't have three patterns that went together.  So finally, I decided to use an embossing folder and my Score Buddy to add the diagonal aspect to this sketch card.  I am happy with the end result.   

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Terri

2 comments:

  1. Really love the embossing for your diagonals. Such a sweet card. Thanks for playing along at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so cute! That little owl is adorable and the embossed pattern in the background is the perfect way to use the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches

    ReplyDelete