Friday, August 16, 2024

Let it Snow


Supplies:
Stamps: SU One of the Kind, Falling Snow, Sophisticated Sled
Paper: Gina K White and Simon Says Stamp Matte Silver Cardstock
Ink: VersaMark
Accessories: SU ribbon, Brutus Monroe Alabaster White embossing powder, Ranger Silver embossing powder, SU Deckled Rectangle Dies, SU Stylish Shapes Dies, SU One of a Kind Dies, Honey Bee Gems, Dimensionals

Hello Stampers!  I made this card using the Freshly Made Sketches, sketch of the week!
I started by embossing the background stamp Falling Snow with silver embossing powder.  Then I die cut it with the A2 layering dies.  From here I worked on the snowflake.  I stamped, embossed, and die cut the large snowflake, and then I adhered a white snowflake that I die cut in the middle of the silver snowflake.  I added some bling to make it shine! :). Then I worked on the horizontal strip.  I used the deckled rectangle dies to create a deckle edge on the strip.  Then I added the white sheer ribbon with a silver edge.  I felt like something was missing.  I wanted to add a sentiment but I had never heat embossed on silver matte cardstock.   So I found a scrap and tried it out.  It worked!  I thought the silver cardstock might bubble up or something, but it didn't!  Yay!  So I stamped and embossed the Let it Snow sentiment.  To finish the card I adhered the layers together and popped up the snowflake with dimensionals.  For the inside I stamped, heat embossed, and die cut the sentiment.  I heat embossed some snowflakes to add some detail to the inside.  I wish the picture of this card showed it's subtle shine, but it was really hard to take a picture without having any glare.  I ended up putting it on the floor and holding an Ott Light above it as I took the picture!  LOL!  That's all for now!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Terri

1 comment:

  1. I love all of the silver shine on your card - inside and out! I love your experiment of embossing on the silver cardstock - it's beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete