Saturday, January 9, 2021

Gingham Heart Valentine

Supplies: Stamps: SU Lots of Heart Ink: Memento tuxedo black Paper: white and real red Accessories: baker's twine and SU Many Hearts Dies, dimensionals, Wrapped in Texture. embossing folder

Hello Stampers!  I made it through a week on virtual learning with kindergarteners!  Thank goodness we go back to the blended format on Monday.  It was nice being home though.  Today's challenge on Splitcoast Stampers is the Inspiration Challenge.  Here is the picture that I got inspiration from:

The red gingham in the picture inspired me to use the gingham heart in the Lots of Heart stamp set.  To make the card I started with the hearts.  For the white heart I die cut a white heart and then embossed it.  I also cut out a red frame for the heart.  For the gingham heart I stamped and then die cut the heart, and added a die cut red frame to it.  Next I cut out the focal panel and matted it in red.  I adhered the white heart directly to the paper with its frame, and then I popped up the gingham heart so I could do a ribbon treatment with baker's twine.  After this I ran a piece of red paper through the Xyron, die cut the swirly heart border, and adhered it to the bottom of the card.  Lastly, I stamped the sentiment and adhered the focal panel to the card base.  

That's all for now!  Thanks for stopping by!!

Terri

 

1 comment:

  1. May I ask where you got the swirly heart border die at?

    ReplyDelete