Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Thanks a Bunch

Supplies: Stamps: SU Celebrate Sunflowers  Ink: SU daffodil delight and soft suede  Paper: SU bumblebee, white, and Flowers For Every Season 6x6 DSP  Accessories: dimensionals and linen thread

Hello Stampers!!  How about a bright sunflower card for this dreary day?!  I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches to make this card.  Here is the sketch:
To make the card I started with the bumblebee card base and added a white layer on top.  Then it was onto the focal image.  I inked up my sunflower with daffodil delight ink and then I took a larger sponge dauber and inked it up with soft suede ink.  Then I tapped the sponge onto the center of the sunflower to give it a darker color in the center.  I cut this into a rectangle, and matted it with some bumblebee cardstock.  Next I was able to cut out the DSP to go behind the focal image.  Once that was adhered I stamped the sentiment using my Stamp a Ma Jig.  Right before popping up the sunflower panel onto the card I decided to add a linen thread bow.  It was kind of a sticky mess because I already had on the dimensionals, LOL.  The joys of cardmaking! :)

Thanks for stopping by!!

Terri





 

3 comments:

  1. Nothing prettier than a sunflower! So bright and cheery! So glad you shared this at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific fresh and happy design! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful floral. Congrats on FMS468 win!

    ReplyDelete