Friday, December 9, 2022

Country Santa


 Supplies: Stamps: Whipper Snapper Designs: Country Santa  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black  Paper: Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler, and Gina K Heavy Base Weight White and Kraft  Accessories: Gina K large and small set rectangles, Essentials by Ellen Twirling Flurries, Stampin' Up Stitched Snowflake Dies, Offray gingham ribbon, Stampin' Up Linen Thread, gems, Prismacolor colored pencils, Gamsol, blending tools


Hello Stampers!!  I made this card for the Paper Players Challenge: Ho! Ho! Ho! feature a Santa on your project.  To make this card I started with a Kraft top folding card base.  Then I cut a piece of Cherry Cobbler and die cut it with the Twirling Flurries cover plate.  After I did this I noticed that there were some small circles cut out, so I put a piece of white cardstock behind the Cherry Cobbler.  For the focal image I stamped my Santa and die cut it with the double stitched rectangle.  Then I used a stitched snowflake and partial die cut these in opposite corners.  Next I colored in my Santa with Prisma Colored pencils and blended it with Gamsol, and die cut a rectangle from Kraft paper to frame it.  Adding my ribbon treatment was next.  I added the gingham around the card, and added a linen thread double bow.  To complete the card I adhered the Santa with dimensionals to the Cherry Cobbler panel, and then the Cherry Cobbler panel to the card base.  

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Terri

3 comments:

  1. This is adorable, just how I like my Santas to look! That swirly embossed background is perfect! Thanks for playing with my theme challenge this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri your Santa image is lovely and your pencil colouring so beautiful - a fabulous card. Thanks for playing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is darling Terri! I love all the stitching and the Santa is colored so perfectly! Thanks for playing at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete