Supplies:
Stamps: Stampin' Up Sweet Candy Canes, Clearly Besotted Sweet Little Sentiments
Ink: Gina K Kraft, Stampin' Up Real Red
Paper: Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Authentique Christmastime 6x6 paper pad
Accessories: Stampin' Up Sweet Candy Canes Dies, Pretty Pink Posh Sentiment Strips Dies, May Arts Twine
Hello Stampers! Yet another candy cane card! For this one I used the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches.
For my card I started by picking out some patterned paper. After I cut it into a square layer, I inked up the edges to give it an even more distressed look. Then I adhered it to my cherry cobbler card base. Next I cut out a very vanilla square and inked up the edges as well, and matted it with cherry cobbler cardstock. Next up were the candy canes. I originally stamped them in cherry cobbler, but they were so dark being on the very vanilla cardstock they looked black. So I tried it with real red ink and that was a closer match to the patterned paper. So I stamped and die cut the candy canes, and then I inked up the edges of the candy canes as well to keep the distressed look. I adhered them together, added a twine bow, and adhered them to the square. For the sentiment I stamped, die cut, inked up the edges, and popped it up over the candy canes. For the inside, I embellished it with some of the patterned paper and added a sentiment. I inked up all of the edges to finish the inside.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Terri



Oh so sweet! Love these candy canes and the vintage vibe you have created. Thanks so much for joining us this week at FMS!
ReplyDeleteOh I love this! You have used the perfect images for this sketch as they work wonderfully for the sketch. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!
ReplyDelete