Sunday, January 5, 2020

Wishing You A Very Happy Birthday!



Supplies:  Stamps:  GKD Vine & Butterfly and Make a Wish  Ink: Versamark and GKD jet black amalgam ink  Paper:  GKD heavy base weight white and black cardstock  Accessories:  copic markers, detail white embossing powder, and sequins

I made this card for two challenges.  The first challenge is the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge.  Here is the sketch for this week:  
The second challenge is the Gina K Designs Monthly Mix Challenge.  The challenge was to take a card that you made last year and create a do-over.  I selected this card as my do-over card:
Here's how I made it.  I stamped the vine background onto a 3.5x4.5 inch piece of cardstock.  Then I cut out a black piece of cardstock the same size.  I tilted it behind the vine image to go with the sketch.  Then I found an old happy birthday sentiment and white heat embossed it onto black cardstock and cut it out.  Lastly, I stamped and colored in the butterflies and adhered them to the card.  

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Terri

6 comments:

  1. Both cards are lovely. I like the flourish design, and the pop of color from the butterflies. Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card. The colorful butterflies and swirls are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that's a lovely do-over of your lovely original! Butterflies are a favorite image of mine :) . Yours look fantastic against the vine background and I love the sparkly sequins. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both versions, truthfully! Gorgeous take on the sketch! So glad to see you at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! Those butterflies are just gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your remake! Gorgeous cards both of them! Thanks for playing along in our MMC @ Gina K. Designs!

    ReplyDelete