Monday, July 31, 2023

Relax It's Your Day


Supplies:
Stamps: Amuse: Relax It's Your Day and Hammock, Papertrey Birthday Basics (inside)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Distress Ink: Mustard Seed (inside)
Paper: Gina K white
Accessories: Copic Markers, Stamp a ma Jig, Gina K Sunshine Stencil (inside), Poppy: Whittle Sunshine and Whittle Clouds, My Favorite Things: Rectangle Peek a Boo Window

Hello Stampers!  I made this card for the Clean and Simple Card Challenge on Splitcoaststampers.  The theme for this week's challenge is vacation.  I thought of this hammock stamp right away.  To make my card I started with the front card panel.  I trimmed it and die cut the recgtangle peek a boo die cut.  Then I set it on my card front without adhering it and used a pencil to trace the inside of the rectangle so I could see where to stamp my hammock.  Next I lined up my stamp a ma jig and stamped the hammock within the lines I traced.   Then before I went further I wanted to stamp my sentiment.  I again used the stamp a ma jig to line up and stamp the sentiment.  By this time the ink was dry from the hammock stamp and I erased the lines I drew on.  Next I colored in the hammock stamp, and then dotted the sand with my Copic markers.   For the sky I used a Copic marker and colored swirls.  Now it was time to adhered the card panel to the card front.  I used dimensionals to pop this panel up.  For the die cuts I adhered the clouds and for the sun I colored it in with Copic markers and then adhered it to the card.  I was kind of stumped as to what I should do on the inside.  Then I remembered that I had this sunshine stencil and that was what I went with.  
This was a fun card to make.  Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment