Monday, April 18, 2022

Confetti Birthday


 Supplies: Paper: Gina K heavy base weight white and silver glitter cardstock Ink: Distress Inks: saltwater taffy, scattered straw, and salvaged patina Accessories: Pickett Fence blending brushes and Gina K birthday trio die cut, Waffle Flower A2 rectangle dies, Hero Arts confetti stencil pair

Hello Stampers!  I survived my first day back to school after Spring Break.  Yay!!!  I saw the theme for the CAS challenge, birthday theme, on Splitcoaststampers last night.  I immediately thought of this birthday die cut and wanted to make a card with it for the challenge.  When I got home I looked through my stencils and found this fun confetti stencil and thought that would be a perfect background with the die cut!  So I started by blending on the distress inks.  I thought it was nice that an orange and green color were created when I did my blending.  After that I die cut the focal panel with the Waffle Flowers A2 dies.  Next it was time for the greeting.  I started by die cutting the background with silver glitter paper.  Then I needed to figure out what colors I should do for the Happy and Birthday.  I swiped my saltwater taffy ink cube on top of my card stock instead of trying to find a card stock that matched, and die cut the Happy.  For the Birthday I blended scattered straw with salvage patina on my card stock, and then I die cut the birthday.  To finish the card I adhered my sentiment to the silver glitter card stock, and adhered the layers together.

That's all for now!  Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment