Sunday, April 26, 2020

Rainbow Birthday

Supplies: Paper: Tim Holtz watercolor paper and Gina K heavy base weight white  Accessories: Sizzix Phrase Happy Birthday to You, SU rectangle stitched framelits dies, Kuretake watercolors

It's Sunday, time for the Featured Stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers.  The featured stamper this week is Gloria, she has a very fun gallery!  I selected this card as inspiration for my card:
I really liked the bright rainbow background that she created.  I definitely stepped out of my comfort zone with this one.  Watercolor is not my forte.  But I had fun with it.  I started by making the rainbow background, and adhering it to my card base.  Then I cut a smaller piece of watercolor paper as big as my die cut, and watercolored another rainbow background.   When this was dry I die cut the Happy Birthday phrase out of it.  Next I die cut the stitched rectangle and adhered my focal phrase to it.  I added some dimensionals to the back of the rectangle and adhered it to my card.  That's all for now!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment